Recognized primarily for her:
- commitment to starting and developing the Heart & Sole Running Club
- her public speaking on the topic of running, weight loss, setting goals and important topics like: how to avoid bra chaffing
- volunteering at races and kids run clubs
- writing in national running magazines and newspapers
- becoming a race director with the commitment of developing exceptional race experiences within Nova Scotia
- inspiring others with her dramatic transformation of losing 120lbs, changing her life from a sedentary adult to an active and vibrant woman
- her approach with learn-to-run clinics - encouraging people to become more active: regardless of their age, size or speed
- and making people feel part of a strong and supportive running community!
Michelle is being honoured at the Dress for Success annual fundraiser called The Tea Party. The Tea Party is a modern twist to a traditional tea party. It's fun, fashionable, all-women event that sells out every year! To reserve a seat at the fundraiser (Sunday, April 1st - 12pm-3pm) - click here to reserve seat
Dress for Success is an international not-for-profit organization that promotes the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
Women are nominated by peers for the Woman of Spirit recognition and one nominee is selected by a panel of board members to be honoured for her outstanding spirit and contributions to her community and inspiring women.